Mental Health Services
What I Can Do For You
Following assessment (if required and requested) I will offer short and/or long-term interventions supporting depressed mood and anxiety management, including:
- Understanding the source of your problem
- Discussing treatment or medication options.
- Assessing individuals by discussing mental health and/or illnesses with you and/or your family, carers, etc.
- Advising about relevant therapies or social activities.
I can conduct one-to-one sessions to explore problems that are keeping you back or stuck, such as:
- Helping with problem-solving
- Helping with building coping mechanisms.
- Helping you develop good interpersonal skills, and improving the quality of your life.
I can adapt quickly to your needs and:
- Use good judgment and offer advice.
- Plan interventions to provide care and support.
- Build and teach emotional resilience.
- Monitor progress.
- Give professional advice and arrange support for you and your family.
- Assess treatment success.
- Liaise with your GP or other professionals at your request.
- Provide a holistic package.
For patients with certain diagnosed mental illnesses, after the initial one-hour consultation I can, if required, offer a “Buddy Up” service where I act as a companion during such activities as shopping, going to the cinema or going for walks. If you feel you may be interested, please bring a relative or carer with you to the consultation, together with a copy of a letter from your GP or mental health practitioner describing your mental condition.
This service can only be arranged after a face-to-face consultation rather than one on Zoom.
It is an ideal way for carers and relatives to feel that the patient is receiving ongoing one-to-one care and friendship from a qualified mental health practitioner.
This service is available for either 3 or 6 hours at a time, at my normal hourly rate, with no charge for travelling time. To avoid my travelling time being prohibitive, it is restricted to Oxfordshire.